Scotland's Rural College (SRUC),
Peter Wilson Building,
The King's Buildings,
West Mains Road,
Enquiries And Visiting The Archive
Currently access to our archival materials is limited. We are working to sort and catalogue materials to make them more accessible.
In the meantime, we are happy to answer any enquiries you have regarding our collections, or the history of the Scottish Colleges of Agriculture. This may include:
- providing facts/figures
- carrying out basic research
- advising on the suitability of our collections and suggesting other relevant repositories/resources which are available
Please contact us at: email@example.com
Our library, archives and special collections content may contain sensitive language related to the discrimination of underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, women and LGBTQI+ populations which appears in the historical record. The publications in our library document a time and place and were created in a specific context, serving as a portrayal of the social mind-sets and occurrences of their time. They do not mirror the current views of SRUC; our vision is to embed a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion within our organisation and, by doing so, create an environment where everyone can thrive, contribute and succeed.
Action we will take:
- When we discover unacceptable language in collection descriptions, we will update them to remove any language that could harm researchers or that is offensive to the people being described.
- Some materials in collections may contain offensive language or imagery. In the interests of historical integrity, we are not removing these images or words from archival materials, but we will provide a note about these contents in the item’s description.
- Sometimes we retain offensive or harmful terms in collection descriptions for historical accuracy or to document the issues and social context of a specific time and the attitudes and opinions of the people who created the material.
- When creating new descriptions and updating old ones, we strive to use terms that communities and individuals used to describe themselves.
Please contact us at: Library Equality Notification